Fostering a love of books is the cornerstone of education, especially in the early years,…
We are delighted to have been selected by Beard Construction to manufacture and install education furniture for Headington Girls School in Oxford. The project has a value of £55,000 and will start in November 2020.
Education furniture for Headington Girls School
The furniture will be installed at the refurbished Arts Centre at Headington School, encompassing art and design studios, textiles areas, media and dark rooms. In total we will manufacture 45 units and 100 metres of worktops for 11 rooms & classrooms.
The worktops will be manufactured using Trespa, which is a material that is resistant to chemicals and is usually used in laboratory environments.
About Headington Girls School
Headington Girls School was established in 1915 by a group of evangelical Christians to provide “a sound education for girls to fit them for the demands and opportunities likely to arise after the war”. The school is committed to enabling every girl to flourish and thrive, whatever her background.
Education furniture installations
Our specialist education furniture is installed in many schools, colleges and further education facilities. Other education customers include:
- Farnborough College of Technology
- Yateley Community School, Hampshire
- Channing School, London
- University of Wales
- Lansdowne Childrens Home
School rebuilding programme
Update July 2020: We welcome the recent pledge by the prime minister, Boris Johnson, to provide a £1bn schools rebuilding programme over a 10-year investment plan for upgrades and refurbishments. This is the first major schools rebuilding programme since 2014 and will make sure our schools and colleges are fit for the future. It is part of the prime minister’s plan to provide a world-class education for children and to help the economy bounce back from this year’s coronavirus crisis.
UK manufacturer and delivery services are becoming an attractive option for business responsible for building, refurbishing and fitting out education facilities. The main benefits of buying from a UK specialist furniture manufacturer, especially at the moment, are:
- Speed: UK manufactured furniture will not have to travel via air or sea freight or go through customs. This means we can complete your project quickly, and within your timeline requirements.
- Convenience: If ordering from overseas, you risk the furniture not arriving on time, should the company have to restrict its operations, or even close down temporarily because of lockdown regulations.
- Supporting British business: If you choose to purchase from a UK manufacturer, you can have complete peace of mind that you are helping the UK economy and supporting British businesses.
Education furniture for Headington Girls School – where to find out more
Are you specifying fitted furniture for an education or healthcare facility? See short videos of our furniture being made and read testimonials from other architects, contractors and healthcare customers about working with us.
You can see our range of education furniture here.
Or please get in touch with us to discuss a project.